October Classics: Timberwolves Announce Preseason Schedule

Benjamin Polk —  August 17, 2010 — 7 Comments

Photo by Matthew Petty

People of London, Paris, Syracuse and Sioux Falls: prepare yourselves for some Wolves preseason fury. The schedule has been released and we’ve got it for you. I wonder what the French will think of the NBA after watching the Wolves play the Knicks:

2010 TIMBERWOLVES PRESEASON SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIPOFF
Oct. 4 L.A. Lakers O2 Arena* TBD
Oct. 6 N.Y. Knicks Palais Omnisports Paris Bercy^ TBD
Oct. 12 Denver Target Center 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 13 Indiana Conseco Fieldhouse 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 15 Detroit Carrier Dome% 6:40 p.m.
Oct. 17 Milwaukee Sioux Falls Arena# 6:00 p.m.
Oct. 19 Indiana Target Center 7:00 p.m.
Oct. 22 Milwaukee Bradley Center 7:00 p.m.

All times Central | Bold denotes home game

* = London, England | ^ = Paris, France | % = Syracuse, N.Y. | #=Sioux Falls, S.D.

Benjamin Polk

Posts

7 responses to October Classics: Timberwolves Announce Preseason Schedule

1. With all the Euro guys we have (or could have Ricky), it’ll probably be the only sold out games we have….. They’ll flock by the millions! Maybe……?!?!?!?!

2. >I wonder what the French will think of the NBA after watching the Wolves play the Knicks:

“Poor Frederic Weis, if he had just been born 5 years later David Kahn probably would have given him a $20 million deal too.”

3. Man, not going to lie, I’m pretty stoked that these games in only six weeks. The NBA season feels a lot closer now. For as much as I know the Wolves are going to stink, I can’t help but be super excited about the upcoming season.

4. But C’mon Matt, tell me you didn’t enjoy this summer dissecting moves that the Wolves could do this season and to not much astonishment, Kahn doing the opposite! It’s a kind of rush to vent about!

5. Matt,

At least admit that we’ll be better than the Knicks, Clippers and Nets.

6. Zebano-
    I hate to say it, but you could make an argument for any of those three teams being better than the Wolves. Especially NY. They have Amare, Felton, and Randolph. The latter two not being terribly sexy names… but I still think they have the upper hand on Flynn (assuming he is back), Love, and whoever you choose to plug into the third spot. Wes Johnson is the wild card. He certainly could better than Randolph, in time. But that is the big question mark. Will he catch on, and be able to contribute, right away? Or will it take him a full year to get used to the triangle? Hard to say, for sure.
    But then you have to go to the supporting cast… and with guys like Azubuike, Chandler, and Turiaf, versus Beasley, Brewer, and Webster, I would have to give us the slight edge. But neither team has more than one solid big… So I guess I would call it a wash. But I really wouldn’t go so far as to predict that the Wolves will be BETTER than them. And that is a tough pill for me to swallow… I HATE the Knicks with a passion… but I am trying to be realistic here. The only thing that I despise more than unwarranted pesimism, is obscene optimism. Matt absolutely hit it on the head, and he is a TRUE Wolves fan… someone who can take the good with the bad, and always be excited about a new season.
    While I agree that it is highly unlikely that we will have the worst team in the league, we need to buck up and accept the fact that the Wolves are going to be, at least, in the bottom 3. Which means we should be picking… 5th or 6th in next year’s draft? (if I am doing the “T-Wolves math” correctly… lol)

7. Quick follow-up-

Zebano-

That optimism thing wasn’t aimed at you… it was aimed at the people I have heard who (honestly) think the Wolves could be a .500 team this year. Hence, the obscene optimism.