The Timberwolves are confusing me.
There are some things we know for sure:
– This team plays at the Target Center.
– They currently have a team with two star-quality players in Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio.
– Rick Adelman is the head coach.
– Glen Taylor is the owner.
– David Kahn is the president of basketball operations.
– The Wolves currently possess the 18th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. They also have the 58th pick.
– They’re currently running one of the oddest draft processes a lot of people have ever seen.
I came back earlier from the Wolves’ workout of Will(ie) Barton, Ramone Moore, Yancy Gates and Garrett Stutz. This was Moore’s second time working out with the Wolves, so maybe they really like his chances of being available at 58 for some backcourt depth. Gates and Stutz are most likely irrelevant and just workout filler to get some big men in here to run some 2-on-2 sets that test guards.
This was Barton’s first workout with the Wolves. He’s been through so many workouts over the past month that he said he actually forgets what city he just came from most mornings. He’ll be in Indianapolis tomorrow and trying to remember that he was just here today. Barton has also been shooting up draft boards throughout this draft process.
When the Wolves pick at 18, it’s possible he’s the guy. When the Wolves pick at 18, it’s also possible Royce White will come home to make his NBA debut. It’s also possible that Fab Melo’s workout with the team Tuesday will vault him into being the 18th pick. Or maybe Draymond Green from Michigan State will get the nod because of his prior workout with the team.
Or what if… um… who else was here… Drew Gordon… yeah… what if Drew Gordon ends up being the pick for the Wolves? Is that a possibility? Continue Reading…